Monday, February 27, 2012

Our Best-Dressed List!

I spent yesterday evening reading a live blog of the Oscars (couldn't get the broadcast, unfortunately).  The highlight for me is always to see what celebrities are wearing, and this year did not disappoint.  Here's my favourite Oscar looks (all images from People):

I loved Emma Stone's red Giambattista Valli gown, but it might just be because I like Emma Stone.  I can't decide whether I would like the dress better without the bow thing, or if it would be too boring without.  Either way, I think it works on her.


Ellie Kemper is one of my favourite actresses, I think she's great on The Office, and in Bridesmaids.  I don't like the bangs at all, but they're forgiven because this sparkly dress is gorgeous.



Kristen Wiig wore this J. Mendel dress and while I really like the texture, it was mentioned on twitter that the dress should have been a different colour, and I think I agree with that. Her hair looks awesome too.


Speaking of colour, didn't Michelle Williams look awesome?  Also, short blonde hair is the look that I know I could never pull off but wish that I could. 


And Penelope Cruz looked beautiful in this Giorgio Armani gown.  Wouldn't the cut be gorgeous in white as a wedding dress?  


And Jessica Chastain wins best hair for me.  I love the loose curls, I think she looks amazing.
 

Well I hear I missed a few jokes that bombed, a funny bit by the Bridesmaids ladies, fantastic presentation job by Emma Stone and a wardrobe malfunction.  Anything else?

No comments: