Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Meet Lochley!



I've been absent for a while now, but I'm excited to be back to work!  Hello!  I hope you are all well and wedding plans are coming along fabulously for you.

June 11th we were blessed with a baby boy.  My husband and I and our five-year-old are thrilled to have this wiggly little baby around.  I have a few posts about the baby lined up, including some fabulous photos, I hope that's ok!  Labour was induced and miserable and took us minutes away from a c-section as the baby's heart rate dropped and we had a few scary moments (the cord was wrapped around his neck twice!)...and then suddenly my body was ready and he was born!

We had amazing midwives and doctors and  nurses, and even though I really really did not want to go Health  Sciences (or any hospital), we were really impressed with all the people involved.

We wanted an uncommon but familiar sounding name, and leaned towards Scottish sounding names (I also like boys names that start with "L" for some reason).  We ended up with Lochley after learning that my Great-Grandparents were married in a town called Lochgelly, Scotland.  My Grandpa was alright with the shortened version, and so that's what we went with!  Do you know how hard it is to think of names for a tiny human that you've never met?  It's hard.  As I use his name more, and nicknames like "Loch" and "Lochie" I love it more and more all the time.

I hope you're having a wonderful Summer and I'll be blogging again about some of our gorgeous weddings soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His name may be from your side, and I love it! But he can not escape lookung like an Ehlers, and his Grandpa Ehlers at that :) Sorry, Jessica :). We so would love to meet all the new little Ehlers, and all of you beautiful daughters-in-laws -maybe next year :) Michele from Ohio

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michele! Are you planning a trip to Winnipeg? Or hoping we'll all come there :) ? Lucky for me (and my boys) the Ehlers are a good-looking family!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess!! He is just beautiful!!! I love the name :)

I hope all four of you are doing well!

Debbie